Saturday, 4 April 2015

All Change for the Wills Family ...

We have been in our rental home now for about 6 weeks or so and since we have been here, so much has changed.

Stuart has now changed his job and he is no longer a truck driver! He is still a driver as such but he drives for SRS and he drives people, rather than freight. He is booked on a training course in a few weeks to become an "operator" and then he will be driving all sorts from cherry pickers to winnebagos. The strangest thing is that Stuart comes home, every night! Some nights that might be 2am, others 6pm - there is no set pattern - but here we are, 11 years of working away down the line, remembering what it feels like to live together! (So far, so good) 

I also realised this morning that I hadn't posted any photographs of our rental house so I went round with the camera ....


Here it is!


The sitting room. The rug was our original rug but the sofa and a TV are replacements. We are awaiting a replacement chair - although Noel could have sat on the sofa to read his book, it was empty...


We have a playroom!! I think it's actually meant to be a study but I like it as a convenient place to sling all the toys at the end of the day and just shut the door (I think I will miss this!!)


The dining room. Due to the carpet we have opted not to eat in here and instead we use it to store the mountain of boxes that need unpacking when we get home to Crescent Road.


We have a nice big cupboard under the stairs ...


And 3 toilets!!!


I do love the large kitchen here


And I don't have far to carry the food


I spend a lot of time here!!


And in the utility room with the washing mountain I tackle everyday!


Noel's room (I guess he'll miss this!!)


The girls room


Its a good job their beds separate as the bunk beds don't fit due to the sloping ceilings everywhere.


We managed to squeeze Sam and Isaac into the little bedroom.


Our bedroom (that isn't a striped bedside cabinet, it's still wrapped and taped up!!)


We get a lovely ensuite!! Luxury!!


And finally, toilet number 3 - the bathroom

And that concludes our tour of our temporary home! Popcorn, drinks and ice creams are available in the foyer. Please visit the shop on your way out. And have a lovely Easter xx

Lots of love Jem, Stu, Noel, April, Hermione, Samuel and Isaac xxxxxxx

1 comment:

Pippa said...

Your house looks lovely Jem, about time you had a bit of luxury after squashing together in the hotel for so long!! The photo of Noel demonstrating the need for another chair made me laugh. xxxxxx