Friday, 15 May 2015

There's no place like home x

I realised on Monday that I haven't updated my blog for a while - and that I couldn't as Stuart was away in London and he had my laptop with him. Yes, that's right, my husband is working away again! He is still working for SRS but now he has completed his course, he is doing "mentored shifts" which has meant that for the last week (Saturday - Friday) he has been working nights in London and staying in a hotel. He will be going back next week too but not until Tuesday as on Monday WE ARE GOING HOME!!

Yes, our house is finally ready and we can go home and take our finger off the pause button. Well almost, as I still have ties with the rental house until they find new tenants, but hopefully in a month or so we can put all of this behind us and move forward. It really does feel like a fresh start.


My beautiful new kitchen xx


The dining room - with our lovely new french doors.


We have a brand new fireplace and a built in cupboard now!


I wonder how long our new bedroom carpet will stay this colour ....

So much has happened since the fire - Christmas and the New Year feel like a blur, it really doesn't feel like May at all. We have changed our car and we now have a car WITH A BOOT. To be fair, Stu takes it to work and I still take the Picasso as I do a lot less mileage than him, but it is really nice to know that if we want to go out as a family, we have a car big enough to accommodate us all, and space for our bags too.

I have also celebrated a big birthday - I am now 40. And you know what, it feels great. I was thoroughly spoilt and although I wasn't looking forward to the day (birthdays always seem such a let down when you're an adult!) I ended up having a really lovely time. A couple of friends popped round to see me and the day seemed to whizz by in a flurry of birthday wishes and card opening.  I asked friends and family to donate to the local food bank instead of buying me cards or gifts, and I was really pleased to donate a lovely big box to them.


Just a small badge letting everyone know my age - thanks Mum. I really embarrassed the kids !!


Look at all these fabulous goodies for the food bank - I have very generous friends and family.


My scrumptious birthday cakes from Sue and Phil - we put candles on these for my birthday cake.

The boys are becoming more and more independent, they walk most places with their little monkey back packs on, and they are trying to dress themselves. Their speech has improved significantly (perhaps a little too well sometimes!) and they are turning into little boys instead of babies. It's the end of an era for me, as there will be no more little babies in the Wills household. What will I do with myself all day??!!

James and Hannah came over last weekend (which is what reminded me to update my blog) and we had a lovely family meal out on the Saturday (minus Stuart who was in London).  Everyone had a lovely time and it was great to see them both.


A rather camera shy Noel is missing ...

And on that note, I think it's time for bed, ready for another busy day tomorrow ready for the big move on Monday. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Lots of love Jem, Stu, Noel, April, Hermione, Samuel and Isaac x x x x x x x 





2 comments:

Becks said...

Hiya Jem. Such a long time since I caught up with your blog. Lovely to read all these posts and see your children growing so well. Sorry about the fire but your home looks lovely now. Was wondering too how puppy was doing but her blog is now private. My fault for being so out of touch for so long. Lots of love to you and your family xxx

Becks said...

Haha, I meant pippa, not puppy, silly phone! And I meant to say happy 40th but that was so long ago now.....